Date(s) - 03/10/19
Angliss Conference Centre
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who have previously completed the Sensory Connections Stage One, two day training with Mari and Kathy.
Training format note: This 1 day workshop is offered in a, one time extension format, that allows the opportunity for professionals to further enhance their previous “The Action Is in the Interaction “Stage 1” learnings are co presented by Kathy Walmsley OT and Mari Caulfield SLT. Allowing opportunities for professionals in case analysis, goal setting, and how to integrate this approach within your discipline, clinical practice. Future training’s will be in a 3 day format.
The Developmental, Individual Difference and Relationship Based model is a framework developed by Stanley Greenspan and Serena Wieder to assist clinicians, parents & educators conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop an intervention program tailored to the unique challenges and strengths of the child. This developmental, relationship based intervention carefully considers the impact of the unique individual neurobiological profile of the child and of caregiver patterns on development across functional domains. Participants will be guided in smaller group workshops through process based learning.
This training offers a unique opportunity to further enhance and deepen knowledge and understanding of this integrated approach to the child’s sensory processing capacities, emotional development & developmental language acquisition.
In this extended one day seminar, trainers Kathy Walmsley, OT and Mari Caulfield, SLP will use model case presentations as well as assessment and intervention case clips. This day provides opportunities for professionals in case analysis, goal setting, & how to integrate this approach within your discipline, clinical practice.
Attending this training will enable participants to:
1. Extend your understanding and application of the six primary functional emotional developmental levels in clinical practice.
2. Continue to build knowledge of the different impact of individual differences in sensory processing, language functioning, motor planning and sequencing by exploring cases
with a range of profiles.
3. Clinically analyse how interactive relationships with caregivers can impact mastery of levels of functional emotional development.
4. Gain practice in Case Clinical Analysis and Goal Setting for the child and caregiver Intervention.
5. Clinically apply strategies and practices within discipline specific interventions, focusing on child / caregiver / therapist interactions and working in small groups.
Day One – 9:00am to 5:30pm (registration opens from 08:30 am)
Includes: Course materials, lunch, and refreshments.
Event Brochure, Registration form and Training Schedule is available at:
Extended day training for participants who have completed The Action Is In The Interaction Stage 1 training
Travelling to the venue:
Free parking spaces can be difficult to find and paid parking can be costly within the CBD, but the venue is located close to a range of public transport options.
Angliss Conference Centre Location map
Professional Support and Mentoring Group Sessions:
If you would like to register an expression of interest in further integrating this approach into your practice, then please consider completing the Professional Support and Mentoring Group Session form and emailing it back to us. These commence in 2020 with 6 dates in total, comprising of a maximum of 6 participants. This advance notice is to inform training attendees of the option for mentoring post training and in case advance funding applications are required. We won’t accept payment until the applicants responses have been looked over to make sure we are meeting their PD requirements.
The Professional Support and Mentoring Group Brochure and registration form can be found at:
The Action Is In The Interaction – Professional Support and Mentoring brochure and registration form
Booking Terms and Conditions:
– Early Bird Cut Off Date is 01 August 2019.
– Cancellations must be in writing and postmarked 15 days prior to start date.
– Refunds will be given less a $50 handling fee).
– Cancellations within 15 days of event start date are subject to a 50% deduction in refund.
– No refund will be given for cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the event.
– If this event were to be cancelled the total liability is limited to a refund of the full amount paid at time of registration.